undefined ifr_ifindex problem
Domen Vrankar
2007-03-20 11:30:11 UTC

I am building a program in Cygwin and I get the folowing errors

error: structure has no member named `ifr_ifindex'

error: `PF_PACKET' undeclared (first use in this function)

error: `ETH_P_ALL' undeclared (first use in this function)

error: `SIOCGIFINDEX' undeclared (first use in this function)

error: `AF_PACKET' undeclared (first use in this function)

I think that it has something to do with Linux ethernet settings.

Do I need a new package for this to work under Cygwin? Is this
supported in Cygwin?

r. Domen
Corinna Vinschen
2007-03-22 15:32:41 UTC
Post by Domen Vrankar
Hi,
I am building a program in Cygwin and I get the folowing errors
error: structure has no member named `ifr_ifindex'
Not yet supported. This only exists in the current developer snapshots.
Post by Domen Vrankar
error: `PF_PACKET' undeclared (first use in this function)
PF_PACKET is not supported in Cygwin. I'm thinking of implementing
the device packet interface at one point, but that's just idle musing
so far.
Post by Domen Vrankar
I think that it has something to do with Linux ethernet settings.
Do I need a new package for this to work under Cygwin? Is this
supported in Cygwin?
The application you're trying to build is Linux specific. It won't
work on Cygwin.

Corinna
--
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com