Mintty terminal always opens at 79 char width
Saurabh T
2018-11-17 15:28:09 UTC
n/t. Despite being set to 80 in the Options, Apply/Save being done, minttyrc being manually edited to say Columns=80, windows keep opening at 79 char width. This is on Windows 10 Home with the latest 32 bit Cygwin 2.11.2. I've tried both Consolas and Lucida Console font. Thanks,
saurabh
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Marco Atzeri
2018-11-17 15:44:51 UTC
Post by Saurabh T
n/t. Despite being set to 80 in the Options, Apply/Save being done, minttyrc being manually edited to say Columns=80, windows keep opening at 79 char width. This is on Windows 10 Home with the latest 32 bit Cygwin 2.11.2. I've tried both Consolas and Lucida Console font. Thanks,
saurabh
what is the output of
$ set | grep COLUMNS

---

Saurabh T
2018-11-18 13:11:33 UTC
There is no match.

2018-11-18 13:30:28 UTC
Post by Saurabh T
There is no match.
bottom post on this mailing list, please

What is your shell ?
The value of COLUMNS is updated at any redimensioning of term size
both with Mintty and with Xterm

Saurabh T
2018-11-18 15:16:07 UTC