Tmux man page not up to date
Byron Boulton
2016-02-02 15:43:29 UTC
The man page for tmux in Cygwin is not up to date. The version of tmux
in cygwin is 2.1, but the man page is not consistent with that.

Specifically I noticed it because I was getting warnings about my mouse
configurations settings. There was a breaking change to this for tmux
2.1 as noted in the tmux changelog on their website.

Byron Boulton

--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Byron Boulton

Michael Wild
2016-02-05 20:01:27 UTC
Post by Byron Boulton
The man page for tmux in Cygwin is not up to date. The version of tmux
in cygwin is 2.1, but the man page is not consistent with that.
Specifically I noticed it because I was getting warnings about my mouse
configurations settings. There was a breaking change to this for tmux
2.1 as noted in the tmux changelog on their website.
Byron Boulton
Hi Byron

I noticed that too when I packaged tmux-2.1, however it is the file
that is included in the tarball, and even in the repository it has
still not been updated:
https://github.com/tmux/tmux/blob/master/tmux.1

Kind regards

Michael

Byron Boulton
2016-02-05 20:31:47 UTC
Post by Michael Wild
Post by Byron Boulton
The man page for tmux in Cygwin is not up to date. The version of tmux
in cygwin is 2.1, but the man page is not consistent with that.
Specifically I noticed it because I was getting warnings about my mouse
configurations settings. There was a breaking change to this for tmux
2.1 as noted in the tmux changelog on their website.
Byron Boulton
Hi Byron
I noticed that too when I packaged tmux-2.1, however it is the file
that is included in the tarball, and even in the repository it has
https://github.com/tmux/tmux/blob/master/tmux.1
Kind regards
Michael
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
That's very strange. I'll open an issue on github then.

Byron

Byron Boulton
2016-02-05 20:48:21 UTC
Post by Byron Boulton
Post by Michael Wild
Post by Byron Boulton
[...]
Wait. No it looks like it's up to date on the github page.

https://github.com/tmux/tmux/blob/master/tmux.1 has

.It Xo Ic mouse
.Op Ic on | off

Which is up to date. I also cloned the repo and the 2.1 tag has the
mouse on/off settings documented rather than mouse-resize-pane etc.

So we should just need to checkout the 2.1 tag of the tmux repository,
and the man page should be up to date.

Byron

Michael Wild
2016-02-06 15:53:50 UTC
Post by Byron Boulton
Post by Byron Boulton
Post by Michael Wild
Post by Byron Boulton
[...]
Something's weird then... That passage you mention is also present in
the man-page I have installed from the normal tar-ball. And I just
verified, the manpage in the git tag is identical to the one in the
tarball. Maybe your installation of the tmux package is broken? Try to
reinstall it maybe?

Michael

Byron Boulton
2016-02-08 13:34:37 UTC
Post by Michael Wild
Post by Byron Boulton
Post by Byron Boulton
Post by Michael Wild
Post by Byron Boulton
[...]

You're right. The cygwin tmux package is fine. When tmux first gained
cygwin support, but before it was a package in the repos I had installed
it in /usr/local. When I uninstalled it (probably via `make uninstall`)
it left /usr/local/share/man/man1/tmux.1. That was my problem.

Byron