set - unset not working
anurag sharma
2013-07-19 06:18:17 UTC
Hi Team,

i have installed the latest version of the CYgwin ( 1.7 ) , for the
build activities of the NT builds.
i am not able to set/unset env variables.
every time the following error pops up :

set/unset not recognized as internal or external command.

i have latest bash installed.
i am not able to find the set/unset exe in the cygwin\bin folder.

please help.
Csaba Raduly
2013-07-19 10:06:20 UTC
Hi, anurag sharma
Post by anurag sharma
Hi Team,
i have installed the latest version of the CYgwin ( 1.7 ) , for the
build activities of the NT builds.
i am not able to set/unset env variables.
set/unset not recognized as internal or external command.
Bash uses a different syntax for setting/unsetting environment variables.

The first hit of googling for "bash environment" is this link to a bash HowTo:
http://genepath.med.harvard.edu/mw/Bash:HOW_TO:_Set_an_environment_variable_in_the_bash_shell

The first hit for "bash environment unset" is:
http://www.lostsaloon.com/technology/how-to-view-edit-and-delete-an-environment-variable-in-linux/?ModPagespeed=noscript
Post by anurag sharma
i have latest bash installed.
"latest" is not a version.